October 30, 2020
A Guide to Home Builder Slogans and Taglines
If you’re here looking for a how-to guide to writing great home builder slogans, this isn’t the post for you. BUT, if you are curious to learn more about why slogans matter, what they are, some of the top home builder slogans, and how you can use this small bit of marketing real estate to make a considerable impact, stick around.
Slogans and taglines are short, strategic phrases that have the power to position a brand in the minds of their target audience by reinforcing mental associations and helping the consumer remember the brand in a positive way — at least that’s the goal. A tagline also serves the purpose of providing internal clarity for members of an organization who want a succinct and memorable way to introduce, explain, and discuss the brand.
Your slogan or tagline essentially sums up your brand in an impactful way in one simple statement. No pressure.
Your tagline becomes another aspect of your brand identity. It might become a jingle — “Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.” Perhaps your tagline will become just as much a part of who your brand is as the name of the brand itself.
It’s believed that most Americans are exposed to anywhere between 4,000 and 10,000 ads per day. This is all the more reason to stand out in a crowd. The good news is that there is a lot of room for creativity, innovation, and growth in the home builder market when it comes to setting the bar for getting noticed and, more importantly, being remembered.
Why Home Builders Need Slogans
Home builders need slogans because slogans help promote brand recall, making the brand more memorable in the long run. Taglines can serve as an opportunity for your brand to stand out in a crowded marketplace and genuinely connect with your audience. When you connect with your audience, you’re building authentic relationships that are necessary when it comes time for that audience to start making purchasing decisions.
Check out this 10-step guide to differentiating from the competition here.
Let’s take a look at what slogans can do below.
- Showcase the benefits of building with you. A home builder slogan is an opportunity to quickly grab a person’s attention in a memorable way. You want to quickly and clearly tell this reader what you can do to make their life better.
- Evoke an emotional response. People often make decisions based on how things make them feel. Sure, they might throw some logic in there as well, but if there isn’t an emotional connection or response to a brand, it isn’t memorable. Evoking an emotion doesn’t need to be sad or tug on heartstrings. It can be motivating, inspiring, or even just a feeling of relief that someone else can take care of this thing that they don’t know how to.
- Offer a promise from your company. What can you do for your consumer? What is your promise? For Lyft, their promise is “a ride when you need one.” Spotify’s is “music for everyone.” As a home builder, you aren’t offering rides or music to consumers, but you offer them something far more valuable — a home. Find a way to communicate that promise through your home builder slogan.
- Create an effortless way to remember your brand name. This is where creativity and engaging writing wears the crown. It’s also prime real estate for a lot of brainstorming and collaboration. To create an effortless way to remember your brand name, you need to be clear about your promise, benefits, and what you are trying to achieve through your work.
As a home builder (or any company, really), this is an opportunity to get your foot in the door (or inside your target audiences’ brains), make an impact, and watch that impact become something substantial and sustainable.
Next, let’s take a look at some examples of impactful home builder slogans.
Home Builder Slogan Examples
There are plenty of wonderful resources out there for the actual writing of the home builder slogans. To get the wheels turning, let’s explore a few examples of some great home builder slogans that meet the criteria listed above regarding what a slogan can do for your company.
- Toll Brothers — “America’s Luxury Home Builder”
This tagline is straightforward and quickly showcases the benefits of what Toll Brothers does. If you’re looking for a luxury home builder, look no further, at least according to their promise.
- Century Communities — “A Home For Every Dream”
Century Communities does a great job of evoking emotion. The American Dream often involves having your very own place to call home, and they’ll help to actualize that dream.
- The Related Group — Related — “Dedicated To Developing Properties That Better Cities And Lives”
The word “related” alone is a powerful word for this home builder company. It can invoke words like connected, family, together, community, care, compassion. They then quickly share what they are about, which illustrates their values, evokes emotion, and offers a promise.
These are just a few examples of how you can set yourself apart from the competition and truly connect with your target audience. The most important thing is to be true to who you are as a company. People today are bombarded with information, and feeling a connection to something that feels honest and real is powerful.
For some more ideas on what makes a slogan successful, check out this HubSpot infographic.
A home builder slogan or tagline is like a mini mission statement that rolls off the tongue nicely. If someone comes across one of your ads, you want them to remember this concise collection of words, if nothing else. Because you’ll have done your work, whether on your own or in collaboration with a creative and capable partner like Milesbrand, you’ll be able to move forward with the confidence that this consumer will know what you are about and remember it. If you’re ready to take your brand to the next level, give us a call today! We would love to collaborate with you to develop the perfect home builder slogan which sets you apart.
November 18, 2020
Looking to show prospective buyers all that your homes have to offer? 3D home builder renderings are a great way to do so. The COVID-19 pandemic has made it very …
November 16, 2020
When it comes to connecting with customers, you should never underestimate the power of your words. Purchasing a home is a very emotional decision, so builders and developers will need …
November 12, 2020
As a home builder, understanding your customer is key to making sales. A home is one of the most important purchases that consumers will ever make, so knowing exactly what …